Kohoj is a hill fort situated 100 km north of Mumbai on the Wada-Manor highway. It is around 800 years old and is one of the forts surrendered to the Mughals in the Purandar treaty. Today, this fort serves as a perfect trekking destination during monsoons. A beautiful Pazhar lake lies to the base of this mountain. A rock resembling the shape of a human is a major point of attraction at the top. Apart from this pillar, one can also find Kohoj devi temple near to a small lake at the top.
What is included in the tour
- Mumbai to Mumbai by hired bus.
- Breakfast, lunch & refreshment.
- First Aid / Medical kit.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any).
- Service Tax.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Pazhar lake and Kohoj devi temple
- Rock resembling a human statue at the top
- Otherwise difficult to negotiate during the summer due to lack of water
- One of the prominent forts of the Treaty of Purandar between the Maratha and Mughal Empire
6:00 am : Start from Mumbai in a private bus
8:30 am : Reach Vaghote village and have a quick introduction & brief idea about the trek (Breakfast enroute)
9:30 am : Start the trek
12:30 pm : Reach the top and have lunch followed by some relaxation time
2:30 pm : Start descending
4:30 pm : Reach the base village and start return journey by bus