There are very few hill forts to the north of Sahyadri’s and Tandulwadi is one of them. It lies 104 km north of Mumbai near a distant suburb called Saphale. It was mainly used as a watch tower to guard nearby areas. It gives a bird’s eye view of the town of Saphale, the Zanzorli lake and the confluence of Surya and Vaitarna rivers. The primary ownership of the fort lied with the Gujarat Sultanate which was later transferred to the Portugues & Marathas in the early 18th century. The fort now lies in ruins but offers a great opportunity for nature lovers and historians to explore.
What is included in the tour
- Saphale to Tandulwadi & back by hired jeep.
- Breakfast, lunch & refreshment.
- First Aid / Medical kit.
- Forest entry charges, permits & camping fee (if any).
- Service Tax.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any meals/services not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Stunning views of the town of Saphale.
- Confluence of Surya and Vaitarna river.
- Take 05.41 am Dahanu road fast local from Dadar
- Hire jeep/rick shaw from Saphale station to base village Tandulwadi. Travel time approx. 25 min. Breakfast at base village followed by formal introduction and brief idea about the trek. Trek starts at 08.30 am. It takes around 2 hours to reach the top. We reach the top plateau by 10.30 am.
- Free time to explore and take pictures. We start descent by 12.00 pm and reach base village by 1.30 pm.
- Vegetarian lunch will be provided at base village. Post lunch, we start our return journey by 03.00 pm. Reach Saphale station by hired jeep/ auto and take Dahanu-Dadar local at 4.10 pm. Reach Dadar by 05.47 pm with sweet memories of the trek.
The Dadar - Dahanu road local timings are:
- Dadar - 05.41 am
- Bandra - 05.46 am
- Andheri - 05.55 am
- Borivali - 06.09 am
- Virar - 06.45 am
- Saphale - 07.03 am