Matheran has garnered a reputation of one of the most favourite hill-stations around Mumbai for various reasons. The bountiful rains, lush greenery and waterfalls around. Matheran covers an area of 8 square kilometers in Sahyadris. This Fantastic spot was discovered in 1850 by Hugh Poyntz Malet, the collector of Thane district. Garbett point is located on South-west side of Matheran with grand view of the plateau.Climate here is very cool with some breath taking views.
What is included in the tour
- Breakfast and Evening refreshments.
- Jeep ride from Dasturi Naka to Neral station.
- Photography Guidance and Expertise.
- First aid.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Mumbai to Bhivpuri Road Travelling & Return
- Meals during journey
- Personal expenses
- Mineral water and soft drinks
- Camera charges
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusion
- Explore the vast plateau
- Walk through the beautiful Bhivpuri lake
- Panoramic views of the Matheran valley
- Walking through the dense forests of Matheran towards the end of the trek
- Meet Team Travers at 08:00 am at Bhivpuri Road Station. (Karjat End)
- Have Breakfast and start the trek by 09:00 am
- Reach Garbett Plateau by 1:00 pm
- Have lunch at the plateau and then proceed to Garbett Point
- Trek ends at Dasturi Naka at 4:30 pm
- Take Jeeps to Neral Station
- Catch a train back towards CSMT by 5:30 pm
6:10 am : CSMT
6:24 am : Dadar
6:31 am : Kurla
6:35 am : Ghatkopar
6:49 am : Thane
7:02 am : Dombivali
7:13 am : Kalyan
7:56 am : Bhivpuri Road
Things to Carry :
- Water bottle (Minimum 2 litres)
- Packed Lunch
- Cap, Windcheater and Trekking Shoes advisable.(Please avoid shoes with flat sole/aka sports shoes as high chances of slipping)
- Cover for your gadgets
- Extra pair of clothes
- Camera (optional)
- Personal medicines, if any