The fort is named after saint Goraknath, who used to perform penance here. It was used in the era of Shivaji Maharaj, mainly as a stopover point from Junnar via Naneghat. The adjoining Machindragad peak is named after the teacher-disciple relationship of Machindranath and Gorakhnath.
During monsoon season, the Gorakhgad Trek takes on a whole new appearance. While there, take a moment to observe, listen and smell and you will feel the forest come alive around you. The view of the numerous cascading waterfalls and a large range of wildflowers only add to its charm.
What is included in the tour
- Non AC bus transport (Mumbai to Mumbai)
- RTO permit
- First aid
- Breakfast and evening refreshment
- Photography guidance and expertise
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any kind of personal expenses or extra meals ordered
- Lunch to be carried by the participants.
- Anything which is not included in the Inclusions
- Named after one of the respected Master-Deciple duo, Gorakhnath - Macchindranath
- The fortified outpost is a short, moderately difficult yet a very rewarding trek
- The staircases leading to the "Balle-killa" are an adventurous experience for both, novice and experienced trekkers alike
- The view of the vast Bhimashankar Wildlife Sanctuary provides for an astoundingly beautiful view throughout the climb, especially so in the monsoons
6.00 am : Leave from Mumbai via non AC private bus, breakfast enroute
10:00 am : Reach Dehri village, Introductionsession and start trekking
1:00 pm : Reach the top (Lunch break)
2:30 pm : Start downward trek
4:30 pm : Reach base village, evening snacks
5:30 pm : Start return journey to Mumbai
9:00 pm : Reach Mumbai