One of the most beautiful treks of Manali takes us to a magnificently landscaped Parkuni lake in Hallan valley. Parkuni lake, sometimes also known as hidden lake, is small glacial lake situated at an altitude of 14,000 The trail runs along the lush green meadows and most of the times and passes through a cool herb-laden area and small rivulets. The high snow clad peaks of the region dominate the horizon. Camping in the beautiful meadows surrounded with the rhododendrons and birch trees makes the trip unforgettable.
What is included in the tour
- Accommodation in spacious and comfortable tents at base camp, Dobhi (4 pax in a tent, ground bedding with mattresses, pillows, and blankets ).
- There is a separate block of toilets and washrooms with hot and cold water for males and females.
- Accommodation in Alpine tents (3/4men) during the trek in higher camps.
- Sleeping bags ( Holofill ), Trekking mats.
- A variety of wholesome hygienic vegetarian meals.
- All meals. (Manali to Manali excluding Lunch on last day)
- All activities as per the itinerary.
- Transportation/ transfers as per the itinerary.
- Services of qualified instructors/ guides, cook, kitchen helper and mules/porters to carry camping equipment if logistics required.
- Basic First aid kit.
- 1 Session of rafting in Beas river.
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any accidental, emergency, travel or medical Insurance.
- Any expenses of a personal nature.
- Dinner expenses during bus journeys from Delhi to Manali and Manali to Delhi.
- Beverages or drinks of any sort, including soft drinks or bottled / mineral water.
- Any charges to visit monument/ heritage buildings and photography or camera charges.
- Any transportation charges or transfers which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- Any charges for a manual or helicopter evacuation, hospitalization in case of a medical emergency or the like.
- Any additional activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary.
- The Personal porterage / horses for carrying of individual kit or baggage.
- Anything not mentioned in the inclusions.
- Take in stunning views of nature
- Campsite nearby a river
- Beat the heat of summer season
- Experience the peace and tranquility with relaxing views
Major Activities covered:
- A Snow Trek
- River Rafting
- River side camping
- River Crossing
- Stream Walk
- Heritage Walk
Day 01 : Delhi - Manali
Reach Delhi before 3 PM and meet Team Travers at R K Ashram metro station. Leave for overnight journey in AC Volvo towards Manali.
Day 02 : Acclimatisation in Manali
Reach our Base camp at Dobhi early morning. Rest time. After breakfast and freshening up and schedule briefing. Participants can perform paragliding in free time at own expenses.
Post lunch, after a short break we go for acclimatization trek crossing around the Heritage village Dobhi,
DAY 03 : Dobhi - Hallan - Shedu Patthar (approx 4 to 5 hrs trek)
The trail goes through lovely pine forests. The ascend is gentle and easy. One can effortlessly cover much distance in a few hours.
Day 04 : Shedu Patthar - Parkuni (approx 4 to 6 hrs trek)
The trail now becomes steeper and leads deeper and higher into the heart of the mountain. The slope becomes steeper and the path is confusing in some places. After crossing the forest we arrive at Parkuni
Day 05 : Parkuni - Parkuni Lake - Parkuni (approx 4 to 6 hrs trek)
As you reach the illusive lake, one is enthralled by the breathtaking beauty of the divine lake. The peace is almost palpable as one sits on the banks and close their eyes to soak in the serene environment around.
DAY 06 : Parkuni - Manali (approx 4 to 5 hrs trek)
Descend to Manali and back to Dobhi Base Camp for Lunch.
DAY 07 : Manali
After an early breakfast, We proceed to River Rafting location. After Rafting, we reach Manali for Lunch.
Here, Participants can enjoy the local food as per their choice, leisure and expense. Relax or roam or shop around on your own. Gather at Manali Bus stand at 4 PM for return journey towards Delhi.
Reach Delhi around 8 to 9 AM. Tour concludes with lots of happy memories.
Things to carry:
- A quality trekking backpack
- Trekking shoes (Avoid any other footwear that is not specifically sold under the category of "Trekking shoes". This excludes "Hiking shoes" and "Hunting shoes")
- 4 to 6 pairs of FULL LENGTH clothing
- One pair of thermal wear
- One set of winter wear
- Monkey cap / balaclava
- Bandana / Muffler
- Woollen sweater
- Woollen gloves
- Woollen socks
- Good quality electric torch
- Cap / hat
- Goggles (preferably black coloured)
- A plate, spoon and a mug
- Personal medicines
- Photo ID