Imagine being surrounded by vast expanses of glistening mountains, changing colours as the day progresses. Picture yourself in a divine holiday destination where leisure meets experience. Plan your perfect getaway in lustrous Ladakh, a unique haven with some of India's most stunning landscapes.
A divinity in itself, take away a lifetime of memories in the lap of Karakoram's greatest gift to mankind.
#JeeLEHZara with Travers India.
If you haven’t visited Ladakh yet, well. it's still not too late!! This trip is precisely planned to cover the best of Ladakh.
Ladakh is not just a journey. It is an experience by itself. Travers with us to this heaven and we assure you that this will be the most unforgettable experience of your life.
We are travelers by passion so the entire plan you see below is made keeping 2 things in mind:
- Value for money (Affordable Luxury)
- An experience one can never forget
- No compromise on the type of property/hotel used in the entire trip. All rooms on twin/triple sharing basis only
COVID related flexibility:
- Block your seat by paying just Rs.5,000/- and pay the remaining balance 15 days before the event date
- We understand the current situation and have made it easy to change your travel plans up to 15 days prior to your trip's departure dates
- You can choose new dates and/or a new group departure or get a full refund up to 15 days before the trip departure date. Any cancellation after that will be treated as per our normal cancellation policy - https://www.traversindia.com/payments-and-cancellation-policy
- If you or anyone in your family (parents/siblings) have COVID+ and you cancel your trip due to that at the last minute, we will give you full refund (deducting 5% GST) once you submit the COVID+ report to us
The event will be operational only if we get a total of minimum 8pax bookings. If not, we can accommodate in some other event or can give full refund.
What is included in the tour
- All Transport in Tempo Traveller from Srinagar to Leh (Seats to be allotted in first come first serve basis)
- Accommodation for 8N/9D on double sharing basis to ensure maximum comfort. If the group size is an odd number then we may have 1 triple sharing room
- 2 meals on each day (breakfast and dinner). Ideally, we would like to include lunch on each day as well, but we will be on the road during the day, every day. And there are many more eating options on the road which people can choose from, from expensive restaurants to cheap maggi shops. We will leave it for the group to decide what they would want to have for lunch.
- All inner line permits and environment/ wildlife fee for the group
- First Aid and Photography Guidance
Jain Food available as well with prior notice
What is NOT included in the tour
- Any expenditure due to unfavorable weather conditions over and above the above-mentioned cost will be applicable on actual
- Any COVID test charges at the airport
- Monument entrance fee and Guide fees
- Any item of personal requirement, such as drinks, laundry, telephone, etc.
- Anything that is not mentioned in the inclusions
- Airfare charges to reach Srinagar or Fly out of Leh
- Any medical or evacuation expenses
- Cover all "Must Visit" places in Ladakh
- Best properties for accommodation to give the best experience (no homestays)
- Passing the World's highest motorable pass - Khardung La
- Witness double-humped camel in Nubra valley
- Shikara ride in Kashmir
- Staying in luxurious, clean and peaceful houseboat
- Visiting Kargil war memorial museum
- Visiting the best monasteries of Leh (Hemis, Lamayuru, Diskit)
- Indulge in the beautiful Buddhist and Ladakhi culture
- Explore the cafes in Leh
- A trip of a lifetime
- An extra day at Pangong Tso for leisure
Day 01 – Arrival at Srinagar
Reach Srinagar in your choice of flight on or before 2.00 pm. We will start when all arrive. On Arrival, you will be transferred to the Houseboat, evening 30 mins Shikara ride on the lake. Overnight stay at the houseboat.
Day 02 – Srinagar to Kargil via Zojila pass - Visit Drass War Memorial (250 Kms / 08 hrs)
We start early morning at around 7:00 am with packed breakfast. Post breakfast, proceed towards Kargil. Enroute Sonmarg (known as Gateway to Ladakh). Further visit Zojila La Pass, Kargil War Memorial at Drass (Coldest inhabited village). Visit the Drass War Memorial and pay a tribute to all the warriors of Indian Army. Reach Kargil by evening and retire to your beds after dinner. Overnight stay at the hotel at Kargil.
Day 03 – Kargil to Leh - Visit Maitreya Budha at Mulbekh, Lamayuru, Sangam, Gurudwara Pathhar Sahib, Magnetic Hill) (300 Kms / 08-09 hrs)
Early morning breakfast with stunning views and leave the property by 8:00 am towards Leh. Stop over at the Mulbekh for the beautiful standing Buddha. Enroute Lamayuru monastery and stop at Khalsi for lunch. Post lunch, watch the turquoise waters of the Indus meet the muddy waters of Zanskar at the Sangam and visit Magnetic Hill spot for witnessing the optical illusion. We then take blessings at Gurudwara Patthar Sahib and check-in the Leh hotel for scrumptious dinner. Post dinner, you are free to sleep/play games/ take a walk or do whatever you want
Day 04 – In and around Leh – experience the culture and heritage
Start the day after a sumptuous breakfast at your hotel. Indulge in some cultural exploration of Leh and the places around. Visit the famous SECMOL school and experience the teaching methods popularized by Mr. Sonam Wangchuk (Rancho school). Then head for lunch. We will then visit Thiksey Monastery and spend our evening seeing the surreal bird's eye of Leh town from Shanti Stupa.
Day 05 – Tour of Khardungla Pass (18,380 Ft), Nubra Valley (Drive 140 Kms / 5-6hrs)
Rise and shine for a drive to Khardung-La and beyond. One of the highest motorable passes in the world, the views from Khardung-La on a clear day are breathtaking. A stopover after Khardungla for lunch and then we head towards the 14th century Diskit monastery for some stunning views of the Shyok river, the floodplains below with the sand dunes of Hunder and beyond. Enjoy a ride on the bactrian camels on the sand dunes (optional at your own cost) of Hunder and spend the night in tents under the twinkle of a thousand stars.
Day 06 – Nubra Valley to Pangong Lake via Shyok
No visit to Ladakh is complete without the mandatory trip to Pangong Tso. A relatively smooth ride, set off after breakfast for a journey that could take over 7 hours via Shyok valley, depending on how often you stop for photographs. Drive on until, suddenly, a faint blue blip in the distance appears. This huge blue lake stretches out far beyond as brown mountains loom beside it in contrast against the cloudless sky. Drawing huge crowds annually, Pangong Tso is best known for being a part of the last scene Bollywood’s blockbuster "Three Idiots". This unbelievably lovely 604 sqkm lake is partly in India and China as well. The most fascinating thing here, other than the lake being high up at 4305 metres above msl, is the ever-changing water with different shades of blue, as the day progresses.
A warm bed, beside the lake, is ready for you as you step out for a short ramble post dinner. Floyd’s diamonds have never seemed closer as the stars shine on in the clear night sky.
Day 07 – Explore Pangong's unseen side with a day excursion
Pangong has some kind of pull or addiction that we would say. One night would never be enough there and hence we have added one more night (based on reviews of all our past Traversers) for you to get high on some surreal views, do some photography and see some migratory birds. We see the unseen landscapes of Pangong Lake with a short excursion towards Chushul village. Those who want to rest/ walk by the lake, meditate, sing, create content, or just sit by the lake reading books are free to do so. We have lunch at the hotel and spend the evening seeing the changing landscapes of Pangong, play games and spend time with fellow travellers.
Day 8 – Pangong to Leh (Hemis Monastery) (150 Kms / 06 hrs)
Today, you will be woken up by calls of the migratory birds. Have a relaxed morning, take a walk along the lake, or go on a photography splurge. No matter how many photos you click, you will never be satisfied. After a hearty breakfast, begin the long drive back to Leh (Start latest by 9:00 am) through Changla pass 5,486 mtrs. Stop for lunch at Karu. Drive past the breathtaking beauty of the Himalayas, making sure to capture unbelievably picturesque vistas. Visit Hemis monastery on the way to Leh. Visit the Leh Market for some shopping or chill in some cafes as it will be our last night in Leh. Overnight at Leh.
Day 9 – Fly out of Leh
Morning transfer to airport to board the flight with happy memories!
Destination : Accommodation Name
- Srinagar - Deluxe Houseboat (01 Night)
- Kargil - Hotel Rangyul Resort / Similar (01 Night)
- Leh - Hotel Tara Palace / Naro / Similar (03 Nights)
- Nubra - Nubra Sarai / Hundar Sarai / Similar (01 Night)
- Pangong - Pangong Sarai / High Lake Camp / Pangong Vista Resort / Similar (02 Nights)